Thursday, June 17, 2010

Goodbye

So as most of you know I have been battling a long time addiction. It started out as a simple pleasure. Once a day, maybe twice if I was lucky, however, it quickly grew. The next thing I knew I was strung out. I couldn’t function without it. Everything thing I did I required it. Waking up, going to work, while at work, eating, watching TV, browsing the internet, heck even while I was going to the bathroom, I could not complete what I set out to do without it. It drove those around me, the ones I love the most, insane. My husband always had to pick up the empties left behind; sometimes even the half full ones were left behind as well. He even had a name for them, “fallen soldiers”. I would wake up in the mornings to find them all upside down in the sink, drained of every last drop. He had to make sure I wouldn’t go back for more. It was out of control. It consumed my life. It consumed my wallet. I was making daily trips to replenish my stock. If I ran out, I would send my husband to go get more, no matter the time of day. You could say he was my enabler. He allowed it to continue for many years. But today marks a milestone. Today is the longest I have gone without it.

Today it has been 4 days since my very last DIET PEPSI. Yes I have kicked DIET PEPSI to the curb. It will no longer pollute my body with its carbonation and artificial sweeteners. It will no longer control my trips to the store or my stops at convenience stores. So I say good bye to a long time companion, and hello to my new friend, WATER. I will miss you diet pepsi, but I will be a healthier, stronger person without you. I will miss your sweet lime taste, but I will no longer crave you. It’s over, I am finished with you. NOW where is my water bottle?

Laura (written by Jay)

2 comments:

  1. Huge deal....Big choice. Can I do tea without the sweet and the cream? Maybe if you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!! You will feel so much better and be so much healthier for that decision. May you never go back to the old ways:)

    ReplyDelete