Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday - What did we eat?

I hope that all of you have been journaling what you are eating. Jay and I were very strict about this during the summer and have found ourselves to be a bit more relaxed since school started. So I committed myself this week to journal everything I eat. Starting out today, I have not done so well. It is Jay’s birthday so I am going to use that as “MY” excuse.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Breakfast
1 toasted slice of Oroweat Health Full 10 grain bread / 80 cals.
½ Tbsp. Smucker’s squeeze strawberry fruit spread / 25 cals.
1 egg / 70 cals.
¼ cup egg beater / 30 cals.
TOTAL Calories for breakfast: 205
(I did pretty good at breakfast.)

Lunch
school salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes) / free cals. – These really are not free; I am just choosing not to count them.
2 Tbsp. Kraft fat free ranch dressing / 50 cals.
½ serving lunch meat turkey and ham / 40 cals.
1 serving croutons / 15 cals.
1 small apple / 50 cals.
2 oz. caramel apple dipping sauce / 210 cals. (Now what was I thinking here??)
TOTAL Calories for lunch: 365

Snack
5 miniature Hershey candies / 210 cals. (Okay, so I had 3 today and I was sitting here entering in the calories and you can have 5 candies for one serving – so I thought why not, I can eat two more.) DO NOT FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE HERE!!! This was not a good decision.

Dinner
So this is where Jay’s birthday came into play. He wanted to go to Izzy’s. I actually did not do that bad. Once you have changed some “habits” you don’t really want to start them back up again. I do not know how many calories I ate at Izzy’s, but here is what I ate. 2 small pieces of thin crust pesto pizza, salad with fat free dressing, grilled veggies, and two bread sticks. / est. 600 cals.

Beverage
Too much diet Pepsi, but no calories.

TOTAL for the Day: 1380
Okay, please know that this is not enough calories for me to be eating. I am supposed to eat around 1800 calories a day. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Now a word from Jay
Happy birthday to me!!! I am starting my journaling tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are inspiring me to journal again! I CAN do it! I hear ya on the mini candies/serving size, I do that too, for ease of tracking of course ;)

    ReplyDelete